Sweat Equity Training Sessions
Sweat Equity runs two programmes a year to prepare runners for the main Spring and Autumn marathons and half marathons.
Things to note:
- membership is required in order to attend the sessions, click here to sign up.
- please let us know before your first visit so we can look out for you.
- our long runs start with 6 miles, 10 miles for the marathon programme, and work up from there. You should be comfortable running these distances before you start.
- drink and nutrition breaks are provided during and after the Sunday long runs.
- wear suitable clothing and footwear for running.
- arrive ahead of time for a prompt start.
- attendance is not compulsory!
When and where...
Wednesday's @ 6:30pm for 1 hour - Hills
Hill training runs from mid-October until the end of April. As we will be running in the dark don't forget to wear reflective clothing and accessories.
Meet by the seating area just inside the David Lloyd Club. If you are not a member of David Lloyd use the free car park on the right just before the entry barriers to the main car park.
Thursday's @ 7:00pm for 1 hour - Track Session
It is a great opportunity to work on your speed, stamina and technique. Try and attend regularly in order to get the maximum benefit from this session.
Sunday's @ 8:00am - Distance Training
The distance training programme runs twice a year; from mid-January until the end of May and from late June until mid-October. Outside these times we continue to meet for informal runs.
Meet in the free car park on the right just before the entry barriers to the main David Lloyd car park.